These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to you when you view, access or otherwise use the website located at http://www.justinbagley.org (hereafter, the "website"; including a subsection known as the “blog”, and at times referred to as such). This website is owned by Justin C. Bagley. He grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited right to access, use, and display the website and the materials provided hereon, provided that you comply fully with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
1. Authorship. The views and opinions expressed on the website are the opinions of the author, and not those of any of his employers during the time of writing this content between 2011 and 2018, including Brigham Young University (hereafter "BYU"), Utah Valley University (hereafter "UVU"), the Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (hereafter "CNPq") of Brazil, the Universidade de Brasília (hereafter "UnB"), or Virginia Commonwealth University ("VCU"). Opinions expressed on the website also do not reflect those of any Departments or any other person associated with or employed by BYU, UVU, CNPq, UnB, or VCU. Moreover, BYU, UVU, CNPq, UnB, or VCU may or may not have reviewed or approved of the content of the website.
2. Copyright and intellectual property. Unless stated otherwise, all content published within this website are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws, and are the property of Justin C. Bagley, to the fullest extent under the Creative Commons (CC) Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license (hereafter "CC BY SA 4.0"). Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on this website for personal, commercial, and non-commercial use under the CC BY SA 4.0 license, but you may only create or distribute derivative work(s) under the same or a compatible license, and with attribution to Justin C. Bagley and notification of whether any modifications were made. An important non-commercial use restriction applies to Portable Document Format files (PDFs) of non-peer-reviewed and peer-reviewed scientific papers, articles, and book chapters, which are only (directly or indirectly) available from this site for single, personal, non-commercial use in order to avoid copyright infringement.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
3. Accuracy of content. While every reasonable attempt is made to ensure the content of this website is accurate, Justin C. Bagley does not warrant that the information on the website is complete, true, or accurate. Visitors who use this website and rely on any information herein do so at their own risk.
4. External sources. By using this website, you understand and agree that any images provided or sourced in to this website from external websites or entities are given the appropriate credit wherever possible. This means that credit is given when the author has time i.e. is not too busy writing research papers, grants, or postdoc applications, or other content for the website. If you feel that the author has not respected your copyright, you agree to contact him with an appropriate comment by E-mail (see contact section of the about page; or using any available contact forms on the website) and that you will wait patiently while he gives your comment due consideration in replying to you at his next convenience.
5. Company names, logos, trademarks, etc. Names, Logos and other proprietary information quoted in this website are the property of their respective companies and owners and are mentioned here for reference purpose only.
6. External links. Justin C. Bagley is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we provide a link and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
7. Rights to remove or reproduce any information uploaded to this site. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, or any other media files) with Justin C. Bagley on his website, you agree to grant Justin C. Bagley, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way he wants (including modifying or deleting it). In order that Justin C. Bagley can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any US or UK laws and that you have the right to give Justin permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
8. No warranties. This website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Justin C. Bagley provides no warranties for this website or the information or other content provided on it. For example, Justin C. Bagley does not warrant that this website will be available.
9. General limitations of liability. Justin C. Bagley will not be liable to you whether under contract or otherwise for contents or use of this website, to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss, any indirect loss, any special loss, any business loss, loss of revenue or profits, loss of contracts, loss or change of relationships, loss of reputation, loss or corruption of information or data. Justin C. Bagley has given some advice or opinions on this website about different kinds of analyses of biological data; however, Justin C. Bagley will not be liable to you for any losses incurred if you followed his advice or opinions. These limitations of liability apply even if Justin C. Bagley has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
10. Limitations of liability for the actions of users other than the author. You must not use this website for any unlawful, illicit, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illicit, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
11. Exceptions. Nothing in this website policies document will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website will exclude or limit Justin C. Bagley's liability in respect of any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Justin C. Bagley; or matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Justin C. Bagley to exclude or limit, or to attempt to exclude or limit its liability.
12. Reasonableness. By using this website, you agree that these Terms and Conditions set out in this policies document are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use the website.
13. Unenforceable provisions. If any provision of this website policies document, or 'disclaimer', is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website policies document. If you do find any such unenforceable provision please send a comment outlining said provision to Justin C. Bagley's E-mail and wait patiently for his reply at his nearest convenience and discretion.
14. Credit. This policies document was created partially by drawing on material available online from the The Intellectual Property Law Blog (http://www.intellectualpropertylawblog.com), the website disclaimer of Shrinidhi Hande (available at http://www.enidhi.net/2007/06/enidhi-india-blog-disclaimer.html, and the information on website disclaimers at http://www.ictknowledgebase.org.uk/websitedisclaimers. Moreover, Justin C. Bagley acknowledges that, "This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com." Because the author has used this "Credit" section of the Contractology template, he is not subject to purchasing any license for the use of said template.